Thanksgiving Day and the Holiday Season is rapidly approaching. It is important for us as God’s People to return thanks to God for the magnificence that he has given us. By tradition the Thanksgiving Mass provides us with an opportunity of returning our thanks to God via the St. Vincent de Paul Society. They will be taking up the collection at Mass for their work. Holiday Round-Up Donation Campaigns will also be collected at the St. Vincent de Paul store starting the week of Thanksgiving. The following report is presented by the Holy Angels Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (serving the entire West Bend community area) for the period of 10/1/2011-9/30/2012.
The Holy Angels Conference of St. Vincent de Paul provided the following assistance to needy individuals and families as well as spiritual guidance.
- Participation in short range and long range planning for our county-wide homeless consortiums.
- Funding and management for 2-4 transitional living units in the West Bend area.
- Cooperative working between Salvation Army, Family Promise, Youth and Family Projects, Washington Department of Human Services, Women’s Shelter, Crisis Intervention, Christmas Gingerbread House gift distribution, SVDP meal programs, Interfaith, Workforce Development and many other programs to help the needy.
- Number of people served: 194 rent assistance, 71 utility assistance payments, 75 grocery vouchers, 8 help with prescriptions, 179 transportation assistance vouchers.
- Our 15-20 members provided 890 home visits (1743 people helped)
- 135 elder care visits, about 1050 telephone contacts, 15,251 miles tabulated and a total of 2847 total people helped. Through a special donor we provided 550 Holiday family meal voucher in conjunction with the Gingerbread Christmas gift distribution program.
Thank you for your generosity in advance. The Holy Angels Conference of St. Vincent de Paul Society.